Summer Associate (2021), Investment Team, Baltimore
Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing $11 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Palo Alto, London & Beijing.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
Summer Associate will be responsible for supporting the activities of the investment team in analyzing, monitoring and researching both potential and existing fund and direct investments. Education is also a significant component of the program, as Summer Associates will gain insight into the broader venture capital ecosystem through data-driven research projects, hands-on analysis of prospective investments, and participation in a mentor program with more senior members of the investment team.
As a core member of our tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture funds, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities, and making recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitoring a sub-set of the existing Greenspring fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
- Performing broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within our focus areas, and advising the broader investment team accordingly
- Leading a team of analysts, maintaining responsibility for their workflow
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
Desired skills and experience:
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for venture. Most importantly, ideal candidates should display strong attention to detail, a highly professional manner and a dedication to maintaining the Firm’s existing relationships within the venture capital community.
Specific qualifications for the Associate position include:
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA program
- 3-5 years working in venture capital, private equity, finance, engineering, start-up operations, consulting or similar industry preferred, but not necessary
- An appreciation for our platform approach and the benefits it can provide our investors
- A willingness to support all areas of our business, including our fund and direct investment strategies, both on a primary and secondary basis
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
Please note that this is a summer position for MBA students with the potential to become a full-time Associate after graduation.
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.