Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $11 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California, London, England and Beijing, China.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
We are currently offering a Senior Accountant (operations focused) position in our Finance department. This position will report directly to Controller & Accounting Manager to ensure accounting related investor communications are delivered to our 3,000+ investors (LPs) accurately and efficiently. This is a unique role with opportunity to learn the back-office side of the accounting function, prior to financial accounting.
Areas of focus and expectations within the operations side are highlighted below:
- Capital Calls
- Assist in the preparation of capital call notices and draft email notifications for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Prepare calculations of late admit interest allocations for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Assist in the preparation of distribution allocation calculations and wire files for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Work with Controller and Tax Director to determine any withholding required
- Quarterly Reports and Schedule K-1s
- Assist in the posting of Capital Account Statements, Reports and Schedule K-1s to LP Portal
- Fund Expense Splits
- Prepare allocation files to split legal and operational expense bills across the applicable fund base for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- LP Transfers of Interest Process
- Assist to facilitate the LP transfer process including coordination between the LP and our internal and external legal counsels
- LP Ad Hoc Requests
- Prepare calculations for LP requests for fee exposure for Controller and Accounting Manager review, as they are received
- Prepare year-to-date or inception-to-date records for LP requests for Controller and Accounting Manager review, as they are received
- LP Meeting Internal Requests
- LP Audit Confirmations
- Assist in the completion of LP audit confirmations using specified response language, creating capital account statements for specific year-end audits where applicable
- Other duties as assisgned
- Must be excellent communicator, both internally and external facing
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Must be excellent multitasker and time manager as we typically issue groups of investor communications each week
- Value added team player with a positive attitude
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization
- Strong basis of financial accounting required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an accounting role
- High level of demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and financial modeling
Greenspring Associates salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off - 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team!