Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $12 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California, London, England and Beijing, China.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
Greenspring Associates is looking for a Project Manager with strong domain expertise in Venture Capital or Financial Services.
As the Project Manager you will own overall project management as we build the foundational components of our expanded data management system. You will define the project strategy in collaboration with our leadership team, develop the project roadmap, identify project requirements, collaborate with project development on implementation, take the project firm wide for adoption, training and execution. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team in building leading industry data and research while iterating on solutions to deliver better outcomes for the firm.
We expect you to be a strategic thinker with an eye on the details. You will engage deeply internally across the Firm, with clients and partners to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. This role will support the critical bridge between our technology and our business, you will touch nearly every part of the organization – from our Investments and Finance teams to Investor Relations and Business Intelligence. You will be encouraged to experiment, build and think holistically in order to create game-changing solutions.
- Lead the full project lifecycle for our data solutions covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases
- Take current Firm research and conduct internal interviews with stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities
- Collaborate Firm wide with all teams to understand project gaps
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize requirements into project roadmap to define GTM strategy and timeline for project features and enhancements
- Define success metrics and KPIs
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate closely with technology leadership and the Partnership team through all stages of project development
- Lead and coordinate project rollout efforts with all teams. Collaborating with tech counterparts and our events team for project delivery and training including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key project evangelist and expert for internal users
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of hands-on project management experience, as well as experience building large scale, enterprise level software
- Experience managing projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of financial, investments, alternatives
- Direct experience with UI/UX is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within our company as well as at client/partner organizations
- Proven track record of partnering with engineering vendors in a highly technical environment. Work with distributed engineering teams is a plus
- Technical background is a plus – BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent hands-on software development experience indicating strong technical background
- MBA and/or experience collaborating with sales, business leaders preferred
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
BA/BS degree or related work experience
- 4-6+ years of experience as a technical or engineering project manager leading Agile Scrum projects.
- Experience with the following systems and technologies: M365 suite, SS&C/TNR, Data Lake, Power BI, Salesforce or Dynamics, deployment and proper usage of APIs to increase efficiencies
- Experience with any of the following systems desirable but not required: Pitchbook, Preqin, Chronograph, Hubspot, Meltwater, Diligence Vault, Loopio
- Results oriented, proactive, quality-driven, customer-centric and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong collaborative, relationship management skills with the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to prioritize, problem-solve with a structured approach, and manage multiple projects of varying complexity
- Ability to learn quickly and handle ambiguity
Greenspring Associates salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, EAP, STD/LTD & Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off – 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Debt Repayment Program
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team.