Intern, Business Intelligence
Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing almost $9 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 90 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
The Business Intelligence Intern position will be responsible for supporting the activities of the investment team. This may include, but is not limited to, helping to maintain the fund's internal database (experience with Salesforce and data visualization tools a plus), data collection/processing, assisting with LP/Investor data requests and data entry (VC fund financial statement data).
Specific responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Intern are the following:
- Data entry and backfilling of underlying portfolio company financial statement information
- Work closely with our in-house machine learning specialist to assist with developing datasets for various artificial intelligence projects
- Helping to maintain the fund's internal database (experience with Salesforce and data visualization tools a plus)
- Generate reports to satisfy the quarterly needs of the investment team
- Database queries to support the investment team needs on an ad hoc basis
- Assisting with LP/Investor data requests
- Perform other ad hoc projects, which may reflect the broader needs of the Firm such as fundraising, marketing and compliance
Ideal candidate profile:
We seek an individual with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (mandatory)
- Strong interest in learning about the venture capital ecosystem
- Junior or senior pursuing a degree in IS, Finance, Accounting, CS or other related fields
- Related internship experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, writing and technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Database or SQL coding familiarity preferred
- A professional presence coupled with the communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule