Greenspring Associates, a venture capital platform with $13B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. Originally founded in 2000, the Firm now has over 140 employees with offices in Baltimore, Palo Alto, Palm Beach, London & Beijing.
We are currently offering a Fund Accountant position in our Finance department.
We are currently working in an all remote environment and will have a flexible work from home policy when the office reopens this Fall.
Job Description/Responsibilities: Primarily responsible for the financial reporting for several Greenspring Investment Funds. This position will report to the CFO and is supervised by the Vice President.
The financial reporting function will require this position to do the following:
- Prepare weekly accounting schedules
- Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit and interact with auditors for year-end audit
- Assist in managing cash flow needs
- Assist in preparation of fund communications for our investors, including Limited Partner requests
- Distribution and Capital Call Notifications
- Assist in quarterly reports
- Assist with K-1 and tax related forms
- Assist with LP Transfers
- Maintain financing document files
- Maintain general ledgers
- Maintain partner database
- Create and maintain an effective control environment
- Assist in file maintenance/organization and other administrative tasks
- Various other tasks, projects and deadlines that arise in relation to above
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, a successful problem solver, and a team player
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Works well under pressure and responds to deadline with urgency
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience in fund accounting, fund operations, or public accounting
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office especially Excel
Greenspring Associates salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, EAP, STD/LTD & Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off – 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Debt Repayment Program
- Company paid Mental Health Wellness Program
- Flexible / Remote Work Environment
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.