Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing approximately $10.6 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 90 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
We are currently offering a Fund Accountant position in our Finance department. This is an entry level position.
Primarily responsible for the financial reporting of a number of Greenspring Investment Funds. This position will report to the CFO and is supervised by the Controller.
The financial reporting function will require this position to do the following:
- Prepare weekly accounting schedules
- Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit and interact with auditors for year-end audit
- Assist in managing cash flow needs
- Assist in preparation of fund communications for our investors, including Limited Partner requests
- Distribution and Capital Call Notifications
- Assist in quarterly reports
- Assist with K-1 and tax related forms
- Assist with LP Transfers
- Maintain financing document files
- Maintain general ledgers
- Maintain partner database
- Create and maintain an effective control environment
- Assist in file maintenance/organization and other administrative tasks
- Various other tasks, projects and deadlines that arise in relation to above
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, a successful problem solver and a team player
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Works well under pressure and responds to deadline with urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1 – 3 years of experience in fund accounting, fund operations or public accounting
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office especially Excel
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match after vesting period
- 20 Personal/Sick Days
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.