Greenspring Associates, a venture capital platform with $12B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. Originally founded in 2000, the Firm now has over 120 employees with offices in Baltimore, Palo Alto, London & Beijing.
We are currently offering a Fund Accountant position in our Finance department. This is an entry level position.
Primarily responsible for the financial reporting of a number of Greenspring Investment Funds. This position will report to the CFO and is supervised by the Controller.
The Financial Reporting function will require this position to do the following:
- Prepare weekly accounting schedules
- Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit and interact with auditors for year-end audit
- Assist in managing cash flow needs
- Assist in preparation of fund communications for our investors, including Limited Partner requests
- Distribution and Capital Call Notifications
- Assist in quarterly reports
- Assist with K-1 and tax related forms
- Assist with LP Transfers
- Maintain financing document files
- Maintain general ledgers
- Maintain partner database
- Create and maintain an effective control environment
- Assist in file maintenance/organization and other administrative tasks
- Various other tasks, projects and deadlines that arise in relation to above
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, a successful problem solver, and a team player
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Works well under pressure and responds to deadline with urgency
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1 - 3 years of experience in fund accounting, fund operations, or public accounting
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office especially Excel
Greenspring Associates salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, EAP, STD/LTD & Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off – 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Debt Repayment Program
- Company paid Mental Health Wellness Program
- Flexible / Remote Work Environment
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team!