Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $10 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California, London, England and Beijing, China.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
Greenspring Associates is growing! We are looking to hire an Executive Officer. The Executive Officer is a Chief of Staff position responsible for supporting Greenspring's Co-Founder and broader executive team across diversified initiatives including investments, fundraising, strategic projects and business development. As a key member, the Executive Officer will play a significant role in amplifying the Co-Founder's impact across Greenspring Associates and the Family Office.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Co-Founder across diversified initiatives including firm/product strategy, investment diligence, fundraising and business development
- Act as a conduit to all stakeholders and liaise with respective department heads to ensure highest quality deliverables by providing context that aligns with firm objectives
- Strategic sounding board to Co-Founder in a highly entrepreneurial working environment, showcasing strong emotional intelligence and the ability to quickly digest, synthesize information and drive outcomes
- Amplify Co-Founder's impact by enabling focus on what matters most, preempting needs, being their voice when not in the room and providing a pulse on the organization
- Work autonomously on a portfolio of projects both personal and Greenspring related
- Design and lead weekly partner meetings, ensuring management is prepared to make well-informed decisions
- Generate operational leverage by redesigning numerous reporting and tracking processes to support future growth
- Lead deal term negotiations, ghost write various external facing emails and speech write
- Work closely with the Family Office supporting investment due diligence, performance monitoring, deal syndication, estate planning, fund/entity creation, cash flow planning and process development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 2 - 3+ years of experience in finance with a track record of working with high performing executives
- Familiarity with private equity/venture capital, family offices and the broader asset management industry preferred
- Trusted confidant with track record of managing sensitive projects and confidential information
- Emotionally intelligent, interpersonal, polished and well-rounded with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Desire to operate in a demanding, entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment
- Significant overtime as well as availability outside of normal business hours required frequently
- Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) skills required
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off - 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team!