Corporate Events Planner
Greenspring Associates founded in 2000, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. We believe in winning together. Our team has a proven ability to dynamically allocate capital across multiple venture capital investment strategies. Greenspring has recently announced that we have entered into an agreement to be acquired by StepStone Group, we anticipate closure of this transaction in 2021.
We are currently offering an Event Planner position to create and execute multiple internal and external events through out the company.
Events Planning, Production & Administration
- Plan, direct & execute various company events in various formats (hybrid, in-person, virtual), ranging in size from 60-1000+ attendees.
- Various events include annual conferences, destination meetings, product launches, seminars, social events, and employee wellness/ teambuilding programs
- Responsible for all event communications and travel coordination, including high net worth investors and C Suite Executives
- Serve as liaison between communications, marketing, and legal to ensure contracts and brand is carried out though all channels
- Budget Management: Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports to directors for each event project
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
Management, Research & Curation
- Vendor Management: Maintaining partnerships with vendors and overseeing the set-up, execution and cleanup of events. Negotiate rates and contracts to book event space.
- Community Development: Build a strong relationship with non-profits in the community and manage charitable donations and events
- Calendar Management: Provide effective coordination to event schedules and appointments on the calendar. Ensure event activities (including before and after event) are properly documented for effective internal and external communication drive
- Research: Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities. Suggest fresh ideas to make to implement better process for event planning, attend seminars and consult with industry professionals to keep abreast of standards and industry trends
- Follow event activities to ensure established laws and regulations are strictly followed and participants satisfied; also ensure any problem that may arise is quickly resolved
- Platform Management: Ensure event platforms are effective and updated in real time. Work alongside IT to ensure we are using the correct platform based on event needs (Microsoft Dynamics, Zoom, Cvent, Hubspot Ect.)
Communication & Marketing Strategy
- Support communication and marketing initiatives as needed (I.E. coordination of webinars, production shoots, post-event evaluations, website development, agenda, speaker management, registration reports, gifting)
- Ensure event activities (including before and after event) are properly documented for effective internal and external communication drive
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved upon
Various other tasks, projects and deadlines that arise in relation to above
- Experience in hospitality management
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities
- Excellent customer service skills in addition to an attitude for quality service delivery
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work under limited supervision
- Adaptable and flexible; works well in a casual, yet fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage quickly changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proven customer service experience
- Marketing-oriented with ability to build lasting relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and comfortable with working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with internal staff as well as external vendors and contractors
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.