Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $12 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California and London, England.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
The Compliance Analyst will assist the Compliance function for Greenspring Associates. This position will serve as an integral member of the Compliance team and report to the Chief Compliance Officer. Roles and responsibilities include: assisting and administering testing of company policies, procedures, and the overall compliance program, assisting with the management and administration of Compliance documentation and calendar, assisting with keeping up with regulatory policy changes and assisting the Chief Compliance Officer manage and implement the Firm's overall Compliance Program. This person should possess and have the ability to apply a broad range of knowledge, concepts, and principles, especially in accordance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
The Compliance Analyst will be required to assist the CCO and Compliance Administrator:
- Maintain a culture of compliance by testing policies and procedures related to regulatory compliance.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Stay abreast of new regulatory requirements or laws
- Review advertising, sales literature, educational materials, and correspondence for compliance with applicable governmental and self-regulatory bodies.
- Review and test current policies and procedures.
- Perform surveillance functions to ensure compliance with SEC regulations.
- Analyze processes and services and provide ongoing guidance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Update complete and accurate policies, procedures, compliance logs and/or files.
- Manage and maintain Compliance Calendar
- Administer the preparation and completion of legal and compliance documents, mailings and provide general administrative assistance
- Complete miscellaneous tasks and duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related area of study.
- Compliance experience with a Registered Investment Adviser preferred.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work.
- Strong ethical background.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SEC regulations, specifically the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and state securities rules, regulations, issues and concerns preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and critical thinking abilities.
- Flexible can-do attitude
Greenspring Associates, LLC salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, EAP, STD/LTD & Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off – 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Debt Repayment Program
- Flexible / Remote Work Environment
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team.