Chief Development Officer
Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing almost $9 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 90 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
Greenspring Associates is growing and we are looking for a Chief Development Officer who will be a member of our Executive team. As the Chief Development Officer at GA you will provide leadership on all People related matters. You will partner with the executive team to develop and implement people strategies that align with our business objectives and values. Along with the executive team, you will develop workplace practices that support an exceptional employee experience and provide candid and honest feedback that inspires others. You will continue to develop and execute the core values, policies and processes for the company and be a true business partner to the Managing General Partners and senior leadership team. You will also partner with hiring managers to onboard talent to scale the company that is in line with our strategic objectives and the values of the organization.
- Partner with leadership to develop and implement HR strategies that support the goals and objectives of the business
- Serve as a key leader within the team, providing business insight as well as helping to co-develop talent strategies, learning, development and long-term career growth
- Support leadership on developing the culture and driving employee engagement by implementing employee engagement and feedback systems
- Successful implementation of HR programs
- Continued development of culture and encompassing GA's values
- Oversee the performance evaluation program and implement programs to support employee development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Work effectively, to advise and influence the management team, ensuring buy-in to key decision, agreement on strategic direction and alignment of cross-functional resources and activities
- An experienced People leader with 10+ years of experience leading HR and Talent with a track record of helping to develop an HR function that is a mission-critical partner in the business' success
- Prior experience leading a sizable HR/People team in a high-growth startup and a venture capital firm is required
- Prior experience building People philosophies, policies and processes
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
- Proven analytical approach
- An open and approachable communication style
- Business understanding to influence and challenge appropriately - within the business and among HR
- Passionate about building relationships and connecting with others
- Ability to lead strategically as well as execute pragmatically
- Excellent writing/communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple strong leaders simultaneously
- Curious about new ways of working, new organization models
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FS, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match after vesting period
- 20 Personal/Sick Days
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.