Business Intelligence Director
Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing over $10 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 100 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, Palo Alto, California and London, England.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
We are growing! We are looking to hire a Business Intelligence Director. The Business Intelligence Director will play a significant role in preparing and reviewing quarterly performance reporting for the purposes of the Firm's marketing materials, special Limited Partner requests and facilitating other strategic reporting projects for the Firm. This position will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for several direct reports of the BI Team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Review Fund Model updated by Performance Manager weekly for investment decisions and activity
- Participate in Partners calls to update models in real time as decisions are made
- Participate in LPAC calls to answer questions regarding Fund Model metrics
- Review weekly update on fund pacing prepared by Performance Manager
- Provide ad hoc analysis on portfolio construction of funds for purposes of partner offsites
- Review all performance calculations for: direct investments, fund investments, secondary investment, overall fund PMEs, net IRR splits, etc.
- Put together/review all data/performance related RFIs and LP Requests
- Serve as main point of contact for fund managers as it relates to outsourced Business Intelligence
- Participate in LP meetings telling the story of GA Data and showcasing efforts and accomplishments, including presentation of certain systems/applications and their capabilities
- Ability to deliver results using analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess, manage and optimize the design and delivery of data warehousing
- Familiar with ETL design and development
- Ability to manage large data sets of multiple sources
- Ability to manage the design, development and implementation of an information system
- Ability to employ best practices related to data governance (along with data quality, master data management)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in public accounting with a track record of outperformance
- Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) skills required
- Familiarity of the private equity/venture capital market, especially performance metrics
- Ability to operate in a demanding and fast-paced environment and balance multiple tasks
- Significant overtime as well as availability outside of normal business hours required frequently, especially during quarterly reporting cycles
- Articulate, polished and well-rounded with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with CRM and Data Visualization solutions, Salesforce and DOMO/Power BI preferred
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match
- Personal Time off - 20 PTO Days per year
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t see a job that is right for you? Please e-mail Robyn Schuerholz and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team!