Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing approximately $10.6 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 90 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
As a core member of our tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture funds, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities, and making recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitoring a sub-set of the existing Greenspring fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
- Performing broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within our focus areas, and advising the broader investment team accordingly
- Leading and supporting teams as necessary to tackle new initiatives
- Participating in the planning and execution of the Firm’s Annual Meeting in Deer Valley, Utah
- Your opinion will be highly valued and your initiative to dive into white spaces and help the entire GA partnership learn about new industry focus areas will be welcomed
Key Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 3 – 5 years working in venture capital, private equity, finance, engineering, start-up operations, consulting or similar industry preferred, but not necessary
- Must have prior fund experience
- Experience working for a family office or endowment preferred!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A true passion for the venture capital industry
- An appreciation for our platform approach and the benefits it can provide our investors
- A willingness to support all areas of our business, including our fund and direct investment strategies, both on a primary and secondary basis
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
- Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match after vesting period
- 20 Personal/Sick Days
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Greenspring Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.