Greenspring Associates, founded in 2000, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. We believe in winning together. Our team has a proven ability to dynamically allocate capital across multiple venture capital investment strategies. Greenspring has recently announced that we have entered into an agreement to be acquired by StepStone Group, we anticipate closure of this transaction in 2021.
We are currently offering an Accountant (operations focused) position in our Finance department. This position will report directly to Controller & Accounting Manager to ensure accounting related investor communications are delivered to our 3,000+ investors (LPs) accurately and efficiently. This is a unique role with opportunity to learn the back office side of the accounting function, prior to financial accounting.
Areas of focus and expectations within the operations side are highlighted below.
- Capital Calls
- Assist in the preparation of capital call notices and draft email notifications for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Prepare calculations of late admit interest allocations for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Assist in the preparation of distribution allocation calculations and wire files for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- Work with Controller and Tax Director to determine any withholding required
- Quarterly Reports and Schedule K-1s
- Assist in the posting of Capital Account Statements, Reports and Schedule K-1s to LP Portal
- Fund Expense Splits
- Prepare allocation files to split legal and operational expense bills across the applicable fund base for Controller and Accounting Manager review
- LP Transfers of Interest Process
- Assist to facilitate the LP transfer process including coordination between the LP and our internal and external legal counsels
- LP Ad Hoc Requests
- Prepare calculations for LP requests for fee exposure for Controller and Accounting Manager review, as they are received
- Prepare year-to-date or inception-to-date records for LP requests for Controller and Accounting Manager review, as they are received
- LP Meeting Internal Requests
- LP Audit Confirmations
- Assist in the completion of LP audit confirmations using specified response language, creating capital account statements for specific year-end audits where applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be excellent communicator, both internally and external facing
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Must be excellent multitasker and time manager as we typically issue groups of investor communications each week
- Value added team player with a positive attitude
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization
- Strong basis of financial accounting required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting role
- High level of demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and financial modeling
Greenspring Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.